Sunday 12 April 2015

Looking for Alaska by John Green (Book Review)


Rating: 
     
        John Green is a very good writer. I liked the twist of the story and it caught my heart. After reading it, I felt very sad. If you're not a fan of sad stories, don't read it but if you are, I definitely recommend this to you. 

          I won't be posting any spoilers because I feel those who have read reviews that have spoilers in it. It sucks as hell, spoilers ruin your eagerness to read.

          So the story is about a guy named Miles Halter, also knows as "Pudge". Although, I like Pudge a lot because I felt like Miles is a name of a girl. Hehe! So Pudge moves in to his new school in Alabama. He was then introduced by his roommates to a mysterious, beautiful and emotionally confused Alaska Young.

         The story isn't for conservative people though. It has a lot of sex, foul language, drinking and smoking content though there's nothing gratuitous about it in the book. If you have an open mind, then you read this book.

           To be honest, I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to learn more about what is happening as I turn the pages. When I was done, it was satisfying but left me a bit into tears and a little bit of heartache.

           You won't cry a lot, it's more on the feels, what you will feel deep inside but as for me, it has given me an attachment just like the two main characters did to each other.

-------------------
you can follow me on instagram @joreads , I post book related things there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment